My Price County

You must agree to our Disclaimer before using MyPriceCounty.com.  If this is your first time here, please register for FREE.  If you are already a Member, log-in.

The first time you use the forum and chatroom, you will need to make an identical username and password log-in for each one.

"Like" us on Facebook.

If you get "lost" in the various sections, just start at the beginning, the Community Forum Home.

Print This Topic    Mark Topic as Unread 

Poster

IP: Logged

Attached:
krause.jpg
382 KB [downloads: 1940]
Park Falls (Butternut): Spotlight on Eddie & Tanya Krause, The New Owners of Timber Breeze Resort [Message #1]

Eddie Krause grew up in West Bend as the eldest of four siblings. He attended West Bend East but graduated from Martin Luther King High School in Milwaukee. He received further education, obtaining his ASE Certification for automotive repair.

His wife, Tanya, grew up on a dairy farm, the eldest of three siblings. Graduating from Random Lake High School, she studied at Martin School of Hair Design in Manitowoc to become a hair stylist.

Since marrying 23 years ago this coming May, their entrepreneurial spirits have led them on a diverse path of careers. Not only was Tanya a hair stylist, but the couple also had various businesses, including a landscaping service, automotive garage, used car lot, towing company, motel, and storage units. Before moving to Price County on February 23rd, they owned and operated a 228 unit hotel in Wisconsin Dells.

With work ingrained in their spirits, they took their first vacation to the Caribbean 13 years into their marriage. “The cruise was a fun time,” Tanya reminisced and then joked, “Since we are coming up on the next 13 years, perhaps we will take another vacation in the near future!”

Wanting a change of pace in their daily lives, they considered purchasing a campground as their new business pursuit. In their research, they stumbled upon Timber Breeze Resort in southern Butternut, came up to look at it the end of November 2016, and made an offer on December 1st.

“We were looking to simplify our life, and the Northwoods seemed to be the answer. Whether working at Timber Breeze or out on beautiful Butternut Lake, we look forward to enjoying our time together. I might even catch a musky or walleye!” Tanya deciding, admitting she had not fished since she was about twelve. “Being from a small town, I like that everyone is friendly. I like that when you drive down the road, people wave. We are down to Earth people,, too” she stated, which is likely why they were drawn to the feel of a close-knit community.

Along with hoping to find time to relax, the couple said they have always been driven in their careers. Since they do not have children, aside from two cat “fur babies,” Mr. Boo & Molly, their businesses have become their big projects where they feel they can really make a difference, hoping to provide a quality service to the community. “We’ve always run our own businesses and been hands-on in all aspects of the businesses,” Eddie said.

Eddie & Tanya are planning to change Timber Breeze from the supper club feel it presently has to more of a sports bar. There is a volleyball net outside, plus they plan to add a dart board and pool table, and they would like to welcome league play. During the off-season, they would like to see locals enjoying cribbage and Sheepshead tournaments, if possible.

Hoping to open the dining area in May, the menu will consist of burgers, appetizers, chicken sandwiches, broasted chicken, and pizzas. Eddie’s aunt and uncle owned a pizzeria in Milwaukee, where their pizzas were quite popular. Making homemade dough for bread and pizzas, they hope to bring that great-tasting pizza to the northwoods. “We plan to start out simple and see what people like,” Tanya stated. They will expand their menu as time progresses and hope to have theme nights with specials that can be viewed on their events calendar on their website, http://www.TimberBreeze.com. “I know that we have to make a good old fashioned,” Tanya joked, knowing its importance in Wisconsin.

As for entertainment, they welcome ATV enthusiasts and snowmobilers, as Timber Breeze is located right on the trail. They are hoping to showcase local talent who may be interested in acoustic performances or having an open mic night, and they welcome anyone to contact them with suggestions of local talent.

“We want Timber Breeze to be a place where families can come together,” Tanya shared. “Growing up in the 1940s or 1950s would have been awesome as it was a time when families did things together, played games in the car on vacation, and there were no electronics. Electronics are supposed to make our lives easier, but I think in many ways they make our lives harder, because we can easily be always connected to work.” Knowing the Northwoods gently mimics that idyllic time period, they are hoping Timber Breeze will be a place for people to disconnect from the pressures of life, enjoy each other, and appreciate family and friends who are like family.

Tanya’s mom always told her that every decision a person makes in younger years will follow that person through life, so one better think twice before making a bad decision, plus anything someone wants to truly succeed at in life, that person has to work for to achieve. Those two pieces of advice, and the fact that both her parents instilled a solid work ethic while growing up on a dairy farm, are what she believes have guided her in her business pursuits. “My drive comes from within,” Eddie added. “I have a desire to succeed in whatever I put my mind to.”

Tanya said that she and Eddie like to appreciate every day on this beautiful Earth that God created. “From the simplest things of the birds chirping in the morning or the naughty red squirrels that tried to get in my engine,” she laughed, “or the beautiful sunrises and sunsets, it is so peaceful and quiet here.” Their hope is to continue to enjoy every day to the fullest.

To welcome Eddie & Tanya to the Northwoods, please “like” their new Timber Breeze Resort Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/timberbreezeresort.

To see their current & future job listings, and the listings of other businesses, click here: http://www.mypricecounty.com/forum/viewboard.php?BoardID=17

Photo by: Sandy Preder

[Edited by My Price County Administrator on Apr 10, 2017 at 06:34 PM]

Apr 10, 2017 at 06:32 PM
Print
My Price County Administrator

IP: Logged

Attached:
adww.jpg
311 KB [downloads: 1558]
SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES -- SHOP PRICE COUNTY FIRST [Message #2]

Wheel Way Chevrolet Buick, located in Fifield, offers GM-certified sales & service of new and pre-owned vehicles. Rentals are also available. Call 715-762-2467, "like" their Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/Wheel-Way-Chevrolet-Buick-206015649498977/, and visit http://www.WheelWayGM.com.

Apr 10, 2017 at 06:39 PM
Print

Surf To:
Username (alphanumeric): Password (alphanumeric): Lost your password?

| Bohn Web Design | Copyright © 2012 to Present. All rights reserved. |

tForum version b0.94.2.4 (© 2003 tForumDevTeam)