My Price County

You must agree to our Disclaimer before using MyPriceCounty.com.  If this is your first time here, please register for FREE.  If you are already a Member, log-in.

The first time you use the forum and chatroom, you will need to make an identical username and password log-in for each one.

"Like" us on Facebook.

If you get "lost" in the various sections, just start at the beginning, the Community Forum Home.

Print This Topic    Mark Topic as Unread 

Poster

IP: Logged

Attached:
solarfield1.jpg
63 KB [downloads: 281]
Ribbon Cutting in Phillips for Wisconsin's Largest Solar Field [Message #1]

If you have driven to Lugerville during 2017, you have likely noticed the developing 22-acre solar field on Short Cut Road. It has been in development since 2015 when landowners, Ken & Sally Denzine, first received a call about the project.

The Denzine family has owned the farmland since 1945 when Ken’s dad, Galen, bought the acreage. Since that time it has produced crops like corn, soybeans, and alfalfa. As of June 2017, the 2.5 megawatt Flambeau Solar Project has been producing electricity, making it the largest solar field in Wisconsin.

On Thursday, August 3rd, there was a ribbon cutting ceremony with participants including those involved in the project. GroSolar, based out of Vermont, designed and constructed the solar array, which covers 138 rows. They will manage the project for the next two years. At that time CMS Enterprises, the owner of the array and a subsidiary of CMS Energy Corporation from Michigan, will take over. The substation, which distributes the energy, is owned by Dairyland Power Cooperative of La Crosse. Price Electric Cooperative of Phillips will provide that energy to citizens in the Crane Chase region of Phillips.

According to the business development manager of Dairyland Power, Craig Harmes, the almost 10,000 solar panels provide power for homes, farms, and businesses in the area. There is enough energy produced at Flambeau Solar Project to power approximately 600 homes.

Tim Melm, CMS Energy’s development director, added that the panels know the position of the sun at all times given there are solar-powered motors that can move the panels, allowing them to collect as much energy as possible.

To view the new solar farm on the northern side of Phillips, drive to the corner of Hwy. F and Short Cut Road.

Aug 04, 2017 at 07:27 PM
Print
My Price County Administrator

Attached:
br8317.jpg
394 KB [downloads: 270]
SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES -- SHOP PRICE COUNTY FIRST [Message #2]

SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES – SHOP PRICE COUNTY FIRST

Birchland Realty, located at 104 North Lake Avenue in Phillips, specializes in commercial, residential, recreational, and vacant land real estate. Call 715-339-2181 for assistance finding your new property.

View this property at http://birchlandrealty.com/viewproperty?pid=1010

“Like” Birchland Realty on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Birchland-Realty-Inc-137430036310869

[Edited by My Price County Administrator on Aug 04, 2017 at 07:29 PM]

Aug 04, 2017 at 07:29 PM
Print
My Price County Administrator

Attached:
solarfield.jpg
37 KB [downloads: 256]
Solar Field [Message #3]

Solar Field

Aug 04, 2017 at 07:30 PM
Print

Surf To:
Username (alphanumeric): Password (alphanumeric): Lost your password?

| Bohn Web Design | Copyright © 2012 to Present. All rights reserved. |

tForum version b0.94.2.4 (© 2003 tForumDevTeam)