My Price County

You must agree to our Disclaimer before using MyPriceCounty.com.  If this is your first time here, please register for FREE.  If you are already a Member, log-in.

The first time you use the forum and chatroom, you will need to make an identical username and password log-in for each one.

"Like" us on Facebook.

If you get "lost" in the various sections, just start at the beginning, the Community Forum Home.

Print This Topic    Mark Topic as Unread 

Poster
IP: Logged
PARK FALLS: PENDING NEW OWNERSHIP OF FLAMBEAU RIVER PAPERS -- UPDATED 10/3/19 [Message #1]

UPDATE: PENDING SALE FALLS THROUGH

As of October 3, 2019, the sale of Flambeau River Papers to Element Ventures, LLC will not take place. Instead, the court-appointed receiver of the mill will try to find a new buyer but will likely be forced to hold a liquidation sale instead. If a buyer is not found and liquidation continues, in early November there will be a hearing to approve the sale of the mill's assets.

---

An auction took place in Madison on Wednesday, September 18th for the purchase of Flambeau River Papers. The results of that auction were conditionally approved by Judge Kevin Klein on the 19th at the Price County Courthouse.

Element Ventures, LLC, formed in late August, is under the direction of William Johnson, Jr., the son of Flambeau River Papers' last CEO, William "Butch" Johnson. The new company is in the process of obtaining Flambeau River Papers, though the purchase price was not disclosed publicly.

There is one contingency with the offer, which will need to be worked out for the sale to complete. The contingency is that Element Ventures, LLC must reach an agreement with LignoTech USA, a specialty chemicals company. If that contingency fails, another auction of the mill's assets will be held at the end of September.

Michael Bablick, mayor of Park Falls, reacted with, "It is what it is. The city will cooperate in any manner, which is reasonable and in the interests of its taxpayers, to maximize employment." He added, "I think the Wisconsin Chapter 128 receivership¯ process could be improved."¯

Judge Kevin Klein, feeling encouraged at the close of court proceedings, stated, “The court is confident that the proposed purchaser really is the only chance for the mill to be open and operating moving forward."

Since Flambeau River Papers re-opened after shutting down earlier this summer, it has been able to employ over 120 of the over 180-some workers it once had for day to day operations. If this new ownership takes place, the mill will be able to continue operations in the near future with over 100 employees.

---

Want to see more free news stories? "Like" our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/mypricecounty Don't have Facebook? Watch our website's home page for the latest news at http://www.MyPriceCounty.com.

[Edited by My Price County on Oct 05, 2019 at 09:45 AM]

Sept 25, 2019 at 04:59 PM
Print
My Price County
IP: Logged

Attached:
adhomz.jpg
228 KB [downloads: 465]
SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES -- SHOP PRICE COUNTY FIRST [Message #2]

Park Village offers affordable, active living in a park-like setting for those 55+ and disabled persons in Park Falls. Rent is based on 30% Adjusted Gross Income. Small pets under 30 pounds are welcome. Contact Park Village at 715-762-4747 and view http://www.homzmanagement.com/property/park-village/

[Edited by My Price County on Sept 25, 2019 at 05:01 PM]

Sept 25, 2019 at 05:00 PM
Print

Surf To:
Username (alphanumeric): Password (alphanumeric): Lost your password?

| Bohn Web Design | Copyright © 2012 to Present. All rights reserved. |

tForum version b0.94.2.4 (© 2003 tForumDevTeam)