My Price County

My Price County
My Price County

You must agree to our Disclaimer before using MyPriceCounty.com.  If this is your first time here, please register for FREE.  If you are already a Member, log-in.  The first time you use the forum and chatroom, you will need to make an identical username and password log-in for each one.  If you get "lost" in the various sections, just start at the beginning, The Table of Contents.

"Like" us on Facebook.

Print    Mark as Unread 

Author
Article    
My Price County

Attached:
papermill.jpg
26 KB [downloads: 2246]
PARK FALLS PAPER MILL SOLD ON AUGUST 31, 2021 [Article #1]

In conclusion of the marketing and sale of assets per Chapter 128 Receivership, on August 31, 2021, the paper mill in Park Falls was sold. The buyers are Wisconsin Paper Personal Property, LLC and Wisconsin Paper Real Property, LLC, which is a subsidiary of Maynard Industries. The purchase price was 2.2 million dollars. This purchase was done under receivership, and the final date for claims against the receivership is October 22, 2021.

Currently, the mill has been running with a low staff in "warm idle" since April 2021. This "warm idle" process has kept the wastewater treatment plant functioning, which has included circulating the river water to keep the microbes active and ready to restart operations, if possible. The pumps, motors, and machines have also been maintained for possible future use.

According to a press release from Mayor Michael Bablick, "The loan agreement the city entered into with the previous owner included other "backup" guarantees that extend well beyond the assets of the paper mill. Simply put, we are confident in the recovery of outstanding loan liabilities, minus the sale proceeds. Price County was paid all of the outstanding property taxes owed by the mill going back multiple years, as well as delinquent water utility charges to the city."

At a state level, there is not much hope for a bill to get the mill back in operations. A Republican-sponsored mill bill was vetoed by Governor Tony Evers in the recent past. A very similar bill has been introduced by two Democrats, Senator Janet Bewley and Representative Beth Meyers. Governor Evers has stated he would sign that bill if it comes to his desk. However, with no Republican co-sponsors of the Democrat-sponsored bill, it is not likely to make much progress at this time.

Locally, it is also unknown if and when the mill will run again. The City of Park Falls is pushing the various groups involved for a final decision to be made as quickly as possible so employees may plan accordingly. If the mill is not restarted, it is believed it would then be liquidated. According to Mayor Bablick, "Proactively, the city passed a comprehensive salvage/machinery removal ordinance in 2019 that will provide significant financial protection and legal oversight to the city, if liquidation occurs. We have established a productive dialogue with the purchaser to protect historically significant items and records, obtain valuable vacant real estate for redevelopment efforts, and to reclaim as much of the city's waterfront as possible."

The mayor advised that this is a fluid situation and answers to these and other questions are ongoing and may change as new information comes to light.

---

Want to see more free news stories? "Like" our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/mypricecounty Don't have Facebook? Watch our website's home page for the latest news at http://www.MyPriceCounty.com.

[Edited by My Price County on Sept 03, 2021 at 03:55 PM]

Sept 03, 2021
Print
My Price County

Attached:
ford2021.jpg
942 KB [downloads: 648]
SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES - SHOP PRICE COUNTY FIRST [Article #2]

Fred Mueller Ford, Phillips, sells a full line of automobiles and offers quality mechanic services performed by factory-trained technicians.

Visit them at 175 North Avon Avenue, Phillips; call 715-339-3045; visit their website, http://www.FredMuellerFord.com, and "like" them on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/fredmuellerford

Sept 03, 2021
Print

Surf To:
Username (alphanumeric): Password (alphanumeric): Lost your password?

| Bohn Web Design | Copyright 2012 to Present. All rights reserved. |

tForum version b0.94.2.4 ( 2003 tForumDevTeam)