My Price County

You must agree to our Disclaimer before using MyPriceCounty.com.  If this is your first time here, please register for FREE.  If you are already a Member, log-in.

The first time you use the forum and chatroom, you will need to make an identical username and password log-in for each one.

"Like" us on Facebook.

If you get "lost" in the various sections, just start at the beginning, the Community Forum Home.

Print This Topic    Mark Topic as Unread 

Poster
IP: Logged
Price County: Dear Price County Graduate, You Can Go Home Again [Message #1]

Dear Price County Graduate,

Congratulations on your achievement! Thus far, this is most likely the biggest accomplishment of your life, and you should be proud of it.

Some of you will stay in Price County. Perhaps you have a job lined up or you will attend NTC. There is no doubt in your mind that you want to stay in Price County.

Others of you will want to venture away from Price County. Having been in your small town for all these years has brought you opportunities, some that you may not yet be aware of, but it is also understandable that many of you cannot wait to break away from the small town to see other larger areas and experience new things. Most of you who will leave Phillips, Park Falls, or Prentice schools are going to college or joining the military. This is an exciting time, and you should explore and broaden your horizons at this time in your life.

Just remember that you can go home again.

Too many of our most talented young people go away to college, graduate, settle elsewhere, and then only come back to visit their families. Some of you will say, "I'd love to come back to the northwoods to live, but there are no jobs up there."

The truth is, there are jobs here. An even greater truth is that you can MAKE jobs here.

There are people in professional careers in Price County. Some of them are new to the area. You may not realize that a good number of area professionals are high school graduates of Price County. Perhaps they worked for their parents at a local auto shop or pharmacy and then took over the business. Perhaps they are the accountant, lawyer, or retail store owner that started from scratch and built their own business. Some of them have started small companies that have grown into medium and large-sized companies. There are also nurses, linemen, teachers, and other professionals that are working for already established businesses.

Start thinking about your future now rather than later. Is there a career path you could take that would allow you to come back to the small town life that offers beautiful scenery, plentiful outdoor activities across the seasons, and an overall sense of safety and security? Would you be more satisfied being "a big fish in a small pond (town)" or going virtually unnoticed in a large city? Once you start raising children, would you feel more comfortable with them being raised in a small town environment where you know the teachers will give them more individualized attention, they can participate in sports no matter their skill level, and the community genuinely cares about them? Think about all the benefits of living in a small town, and if you feel it is the right fit for you, don't be one of those who say, "I'd love to come back to the northwoods, but there are no jobs up there," because there are jobs here and there are opportunities for more jobs.

There are also people in Price County that want to help you come back after you leave for college. All you have to do is ask the people in leadership positions in this county, including speaking with members of the Price County Economic Development Association (PCEDA). You can come back and make a good name for yourself and have a very good life right here in Price County.

For far too many years, our school enrollment numbers have declined, which needs to be reversed. Our schools have given so much to this county, and we all need to return the favor by investing our lives back into our small towns. Thanks to our schools and caring communities, Price County has created well-mannered, educated, and professionally-minded students that we need to come back "home" to help Price County grow from a great county to a reinvigorated county. The more people that come back, the more positive growth will occur. You can make a difference and be part of that positive progress.

Go explore for the next four years while in college. See what the world has to offer. But don't forget about Price County as an option for a successful life after college. Remember that you can go home again...and be successful and happy right here in Price County.

If you have ideas about how to make Price County even better, please e-mail My Price County at Contact@MyPriceCounty.com

[Edited by My Price County on May 23, 2019 at 06:50 PM]

May 25, 2016 at 07:23 PM
Print
My Price County

Attached:
2019grads.jpg
215 KB [downloads: 95]
Dear Price County Graduate, You Can Go Home Again [Message #2]

This year’s Price County graduation ceremonies are as follows:

Phillips: Friday, May 24, 2019 at 7 p.m.
Prentice: Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 2 p.m.
Chequamegon: Sunday, June 2, 2019 at 1 p.m.

Pictured are Phillips High School Class of 2019 co-valedictorians, Emma Peterson, Lokesh Kumaravel, and Kate Lochner. Photo by: School District of Phillips

May 23, 2019 at 07:11 PM
Print
My Price County

Attached:
adbbr.jpg
304 KB [downloads: 87]
SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES -- SHOP PRICE COUNTY FIRST [Message #3]

Bumble Bee Rentals offers modern residential and commercial rentals of storefronts, apartments, and homes, plus rentals of tables & chairs for parties and other events. Visit http://www.BumbleBeeRentals.com to view their available properties.

May 23, 2019 at 07:12 PM
Print
My Price County

Attached:
adbr.jpg
233 KB [downloads: 88]
SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES -- SHOP PRICE COUNTY FIRST [Message #4]

When you are ready to put your roots down in Phillips, visit a trusted realtor. Birchland Realty specializes in commercial, residential, recreational, and vacant land real estate.

Visit them at 104 North Lake Avenue, P.O. Box 25, Phillips, WI 54555; call 715-339-2181; visit their website, http://www.BirchlandRealty.com; and "like" them on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Birchland-Realty-Inc-137430036310869

May 23, 2019 at 07:12 PM
Print

Surf To:
Username (alphanumeric): Password (alphanumeric): Lost your password?

| Bohn Web Design | Copyright © 2012 to Present. All rights reserved. |

tForum version b0.94.2.4 (© 2003 tForumDevTeam)