My Price County

You must agree to our Disclaimer before using MyPriceCounty.com.  If this is your first time here, please register for FREE.  If you are already a Member, log-in.

The first time you use the forum and chatroom, you will need to make an identical username and password log-in for each one.

"Like" us on Facebook.

If you get "lost" in the various sections, just start at the beginning, the Community Forum Home.

Print This Topic    Mark Topic as Unread 

Poster
IP: Logged
Paper Machine #3 Closure Brings Layoffs at Flambeau River Papers [Message #1]

The CEO of Flambeau River Papers, William (Butch) Johnson, announced the closure of Paper Machine #3 (#3PM), effective on Friday, January 5th. "While papers like laser bond and offset (run on Paper Machine #3) have been good fill grades for the mill in the past, they are no longer, and jeopardize the mill's ability to continue operations. Therefore, we will exit production of these commodity type papers." As a result, eighty-two people received a lay-off notice, including 67 union employees and 15 salaried jobs.

Johnson believes the key to Flambeau River Paper's long-term success is to focus on increasing the plant's paper-making capabilities and, in turn, sales of value-added and specialty papers. Growth was already expanded in this area approximately five years ago, and those sales now represent over 90% of the mill's capacity on Paper Machine #1 & #2.

Johnson stated, “As a result of idling #3PM, some of our fellow Flambeau River Papers' employees will lose their jobs and our surrounding community will be impacted. This will be painful for all of us. We are committed to doing what we can to help the affected employees find new jobs. These painful changes at the mill are necessary to help ensure a viable and sustainable pulp and paper operation for Flambeau River Papers, the City of Park Falls, and all the good paying jobs that the mill provides.”

[Edited by My Price County Administrator on Jan 06, 2018 at 12:45 AM]

Jan 06, 2018 at 12:37 AM
Print
My Price County Administrator
IP: Logged

Attached:
ad.jpg
315 KB [downloads: 437]
SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES -- SHOP PRICE COUNTY FIRST [Message #2]

SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES -- SHOP PRICE COUNTY FIRST

Stop by Bob's Factory Outlet at 150 North 2nd Avenue in Park Falls, visit http://www.BobsFactoryOutlet.com, or call 715-762-2855 for your furniture and home decor needs.

Jan 06, 2018 at 12:46 AM
Print

Surf To:
Username (alphanumeric): Password (alphanumeric): Lost your password?

| Bohn Web Design | Copyright © 2012 to Present. All rights reserved. |

tForum version b0.94.2.4 (© 2003 tForumDevTeam)