My Price County

You must agree to our Disclaimer before using MyPriceCounty.com.  If this is your first time here, please register for FREE.  If you are already a Member, log-in.

The first time you use the forum and chatroom, you will need to make an identical username and password log-in for each one.

"Like" us on Facebook.

If you get "lost" in the various sections, just start at the beginning, the Community Forum Home.

Print This Topic    Mark Topic as Unread 

Poster
IP: Logged
Phillips/Park Falls: Three Logger Powerlifters Head to National Competition -- UPDATED 3/27/2018 [Message #1]

Kenzie Svoboda and Brice Mcclay, both seniors, and Virginia McMillan, a junior, are members of the Phillips' Loggers powerlifting team, and they will be competing at the national powerlifting competition in Appleton from March 22nd through the 25th.

Kenzie started powerlifting when she was in 7th grade. Her best powerlifting moment was when she earned two best lifter trophies this year with one being at a regional meet and one being at state. While she has earned first place medals at regional meets, her best finish was getting first place at state competition this year. "I have been driven by seeing myself succeed more and more each year, and by others who have lifted more than I do," she said. She plans on keeping powerlifting in her life after high school graduation, but since most of the college meets are in the Eau Claire area and she will be attending college in Wausau, she doesn't have plans to be on a powerlifting team in college.

Virginia says she has had a lot of good moments in her powerlifting career. "The most recent one has to be state because it has been my best meet of my career." She stated that seeing herself succeed at meets and throughout the season has been her driving force. She said she gets first place at most regional meets but her best higher-level finishes were eighth place at state competition this year and third at nationals last year. Virginia does not plan to be in competitive powerlifting after high school, but does hope to stay active with it in her life.

Brice attends school at Chequamegon High in Park Falls but competes with the Phillips Loggers since Chequamegon does not offer a powerlifting team. He started powerlifting because his girlfriend, Kenzie Svoboda, was involved in it. He attended many of her meets since their freshman year. "Seeing how much fun and progress she was having made me wonder what I could do. I decided to join my senior year because I didn't want to regret not taking the opportunity," Brice said. While he has only had one year of powerlifting under his belt, his best moment came at Elk Mound. He explained, "I pulled a person best deadlift of 440 pounds which was awesome, but seeing how amazed everyone was [made it] even better. I am very competitive in all sports that I play. My drive to make it as far as possible and do my best has driven me to succeed." At three regional meets, he took first place in the 148 pound weight class. Brice said he will continue to lift in college as he feels it will help his track career, but he will no longer be in competitive powerlifting at that time.

We wish all three the best at nationals. Check back to this story for updated information after the competition.

RESULTS AT NATIONALS -- UPDATED 3/27/2018

Kenzie Svoboda received a first place in her weight class and won best raw female lifter out of 105 competitors.

Virginia McMillan received 13th out of 28 competitors and had a personal best in squat, deadlift, and total.

Brice Mcclay took second place in the varsity raw 66 kg weight class.

[Edited by My Price County Administrator on Mar 29, 2018 at 06:44 PM]

Mar 21, 2018 at 10:37 PM
Print
My Price County Administrator
IP: Logged

Attached:
2008.jpg
151 KB [downloads: 217]
SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESSES -- SHOP PRICE COUNTY FIRST [Message #2]

Phillips Ford sells a full line of automobiles and offers quality mechanic services performed by factory-trained technicians.

This vehicle is available for sale at Phillips Ford.

To view the specs on this vehicle, visit: http://www.phillipsfordwi.com/used/Chevrolet/2008-Chevrolet-Suburban+1500-735dbc720a0e0ae70a508b3371be6d23.htm

Mar 21, 2018 at 10:47 PM
Print

Surf To:
Username (alphanumeric): Password (alphanumeric): Lost your password?

| Bohn Web Design | Copyright 2012 to Present. All rights reserved. |

tForum version b0.94.2.4 ( 2003 tForumDevTeam)