My Price County [https://www.mypricecounty.com/forum]
Price County Cares, Donations Needed [https://www.mypricecounty.com/forum/viewboard.php?BoardID=30]
PHILLIPS HIGH GRADUATE, JEFF SCHNEIDER, BATTLING PARKINSON'S, IN FITNESS COMPETITION [https://www.mypricecounty.com/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=1344]

My Price County 
Jul 19, 2021 at 05:59 PM
PHILLIPS HIGH GRADUATE, JEFF SCHNEIDER, BATTLING PARKINSON'S, IN FITNESS COMPETITION

Jeff Schneider, active in school sports (including football, baseball, and hockey) and focused on the community through his volunteer work as a "Big Brother" to a little boy, graduated from Phillips High School in 2004. He went on to play football and baseball at St. Norbert's College in De Pere, Wisconsin. He was an assistant football coach at Manitowoc High School. After college graduation, he became an assistant football coach at Carroll University in Waukesha, Wisconsin. Jeff soon realized he enjoys coaching and working with kids. He took that passion for youth and became a corrections officer at a juvenile detention center in Seattle where he works with juvenile offenders.

While Jeff was working with these young people to overcome their obstacles, Jeff was handed one of his own when he was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's Disease in 2016. Of course, this was a difficult diagnosis, but after a number of tests and incorrect diagnoses, at least Jeff had the answer to the symptoms he was experiencing. Unfortunately, he has tremors and dyskinesia, which continue to worsen, and his symptoms do not respond well to medications. To try to help with the symptoms, Jeff had two brain surgeries, Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) this spring at the University of Washington. Jeff stated the brain surgeries have definitely changed how he sees things. "I'm just trying not to sweat the small stuff."

One thing that Jeff has found to help him fight Parkinson's is staying physically fit. Jeff said, "I’ve been involved in athletics my entire life, so being fit was always a bit of a necessity. The fact is, though, that I just love learning about health and wellness and growing through experiences that are related to it. Now, post brain surgery, I really use fitness as self-motivation so that I can live my best life. I’m also passionate about supporting people who have mental health issues or physical disabilities who use fitness as an outlet."

People with Parkinson's often face a difficult and grueling exercise regimen to stay mobile, keep fit, and keep muscle intact. Jeff works out daily for a few hours around his work schedule while also participating in a hockey league. Teaching others about the importance of a healthy diet and fitness is important to Jeff. In doing so, the opportunity came for him to represent health and fitness. He is currently in 5th place in a competition with other muscular athletes.

As a community, we can take an easy step to help Jeff win this competition. Each person can give Jeff one free vote until August 4th, the last day of competition. To vote for Jeff, visit http://featured.muscleandfitness.com/2021/jeff-schne All you need is a Facebook log-in. If you choose to purchase votes, the proceeds will go to the Wounded Warriors Fund as a tax-deductible donation.

Jeff admits that his family has been in his corner backing him since the first day of his battle with Parkinson's and he wouldn't be where he is without them. This is evident as his mother, Sue, adds, "Jeff has a positive outlook and is an amazing athlete with a huge heart. He would love the chance to tell others about the benefits of exercise and staying fit. Not as a super steroid gym rat but as a guy with health issues who believes everyone can benefit from exercise and proper diet. He doesn’t have the sponsors that these big muscular athletes do; he just has the heart to help others. He deserves to be a champion for those with health problems that will see they, too, can stay in the best physical shape that they can with hard work and perseverance." His mother added a request to vote for Jeff stating the last few weeks of competition will be the hardest and he needs every vote he can get.

Please share this article with your friends to help generate more votes.

---

A SPECIAL THANKS TO SOME OF THE MANY BUSINESSES WHO SUPPORT PRICE COUNTY CARES:

Deer Creek Angus, LLC
Statewide Sewing
BW Papersystems
Harbor View Pub & Eatery
IAP, Inc.
Bumble Bee Rentals
Davette Lynne Hrabak, CPA
Bohn Web Design
Norvado
Forward Bank
Fred Mueller Ford
Long Lake North
Staff Management SMX
Ken’s Carpet Center & The Consignment Store
Birchland Realty
Price County Fair
Lake Village, Pine Village, & Park Village
My Price County

[Edited by My Price County on Jul 19, 2021 at 06:05 PM]

My Price County 
Jul 19, 2021 at 05:59 PM
PHILLIPS HIGH GRADUATE, JEFF SCHNEIDER, BATTLING PARKINSON'S, IN FITNESS COMPETITION

Jeff Schneider, assistant coach and athlete

| Bohn Web Design | Copyright 2012 to Present. All rights reserved. |

tForum version b0.94.2.4 ( 2003 tForumDevTeam)