My Price County

My Price County
My Price County

You must agree to our Disclaimer before using MyPriceCounty.com.  If this is your first time here, please register for FREE.  If you are already a Member, log-in.  The first time you use the forum and chatroom, you will need to make an identical username and password log-in for each one.  If you get "lost" in the various sections, just start at the beginning, The Table of Contents.

"Like" us on Facebook.

Print    Mark as Unread 

Author
Article    
My Price County

Attached:
palcafe0.jpg
146 KB [downloads: 2009]
PARK FALLS: BUILDING ADJACENT TO PAL CAFE ON FIRE - UPDATED JUNE 2, 2021 [Article #1]

Updated Story - June 2, 2021

At 12:08 a.m. on Monday, May 31, 2021, the Price County Sheriff's Department received a 911 call for a fire at 219 Division Street, which is the building next to Pal Cafe in Park Falls. The building at 219 Division Street contained retail office space on the main level and four apartments on the upper level.

The Park Falls Police were the first to arrive on the scene. An officer entered the building, went upstairs, and discovered the hallway was filled with smoke. The officer instructed two tenants to leave the building immediately. The officer was overcome by the smoke and had to exit the building but was able to enter the building again after getting some breaths of fresh air. At that time, a Price County deputy arrived and also entered the building to make contact with another tenant. Another deputy arrived and all police helped the tenant out of the building. All three officers sustained smoke inhalation, and the fire had engulfed the structure making further entry impossible.

While being evacuated, some of the tenants reported hearing possible gunshots inside the building. It was later determined that the "gunshot" noises were probably aerosol containers exploding due to the intense heat.

A fourth tenant could not be located. This person's vehicle was parked nearby. It was later determined the tenant was out of the area and phone contact was made with this person to verify that.

Given the report of possible gunshots and yet unaccounted for tenant at 1:30 a.m., the Division of Criminal Investigations Arson Unit was called to respond to the scene. They arrived on scene at 8 a.m. Parts of the structure were still standing but much of the building had collapsed. Due to the instability of the structure, investigators were not able to enter much of the building and the exact cause and origin of the fire could not be determined. However, after reviewing the scene and conducting interviews with witnesses, there is no information that would indicate the fire was set intentionally.

Unfortunately, two tenants lost their pets in the fire.

Onlookers who thought the Pal Cafe was on fire were incorrect as that building is still standing.

If anyone has information about the cause or origin of the fire, the Park Falls Police Department can be reached at 715-762-2446. Those wanting to assist the victims with donations of items or money may also contact the Park Falls Police Department who will see if the victims of the fire are in need of extra assistance.

---

Original Article on May 31, 2021 at 12:45 a.m.:

Firefighters worked to extinguish a fire that broke out in Park Falls, engulfing a building adjacent to the Pal Cafe in the very early morning hours of Monday, May 31, 2021. Onlookers stated the Pal Cafe was also on fire but we do not have photos of that building.

If we receive more information, we will update this story.

Photos By: Chuck Lovelace

---

Want to see more free news stories? "Like" our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/mypricecounty Don't have Facebook? Watch our website's home page for the latest news at http://www.MyPriceCounty.com.

If you have news to share, send us information at http://www.mypricecounty.com/contact.html

[Edited by My Price County on Jun 03, 2021 at 01:23 AM]

May 31, 2021
Print
My Price County

Attached:
palcafe1.jpg
112 KB [downloads: 1748]
PARK FALLS: BUILDING ADJACENT TO PAL CAFE ON FIRE [Article #2]

Photo By: Chuck Lovelace

[Edited by My Price County on May 31, 2021 at 03:17 PM]

May 31, 2021
Print
My Price County

Attached:
palcafe2.jpg
154 KB [downloads: 1731]
PARK FALLS: BUILDING ADJACENT TO PAL CAFE ON FIRE [Article #3]

[Edited by My Price County on May 31, 2021 at 03:18 PM]

May 31, 2021
Print
My Price County

Attached:
palcafe3.jpg
153 KB [downloads: 1717]
PARK FALLS: BUILDING ADJACENT TO PAL CAFE ON FIRE [Article #4]

May 31, 2021
Print
My Price County

Attached:
palcafe4.jpg
129 KB [downloads: 1703]
PARK FALLS: BUILDING ADJACENT TO PAL CAFE ON FIRE [Article #5]

May 31, 2021
Print

Surf To:
Username (alphanumeric): Password (alphanumeric): Lost your password?

| Bohn Web Design | Copyright 2012 to Present. All rights reserved. |

tForum version b0.94.2.4 ( 2003 tForumDevTeam)